Spell out the words well. Be spontaneous. Explain a ban. Listen to his stories. Doing things together, even at home.
HOW WE SPEAK WITH SMALL CHILDREN
Talk to the kids. Without wasting words, gestures, the possibility of dialogue. And do it when they are very young, soon reaping the benefits of good communication. It’s not easy. Sometimes we feel afraid, and we do not give naturalness to the dialogue. Other times we are rigid, and without even realizing it we create conditions of hostility with the baby, we push it away. Instead, flexibility is needed. Listening skills and awareness of what are the limits, but also the strengths of our little interlocutors.
HOW TO TALK TO BABIES
Here are five simple tips to speak well with young children, to be effective in communication. And to have them so closer to us.
1. Speak slowly. When a child is small, he needs his time and the repetition of a word to fully understand it. Therefore, slowness in composing the phrase, high pitch, and high tones. Scientific studies show that children who have grown up to dialogue with these criteria already at 18 months have above average language development.
2. Much spontaneity. Be simple, natural and spontaneous with children. They will appreciate it. And demonstrate it also in the posture you take during the dialogue: for example, place yourself at their height, side by side. This creates greater intimacy, more warmth and a better predisposition for the child to communicate.
3. Explain yourself. In childhood, prohibitions are frequent. So it is up to you to enunciate them, running the risk of repeating yourself. But this does not mean that we must simplify and force the child to obey without an explanation. You want me not to do a thing? Well. But if in any form, it asks for an explanation, you must provide it. And you can’t get away with the classic and tough “Why not!”.
4. Listen to his questions. Even when the child is very young, he may surprise you with interesting questions. Consider them a decisive channel for good communication. And follow it. Do not be barricaded in a dialogue dictated by your agenda, the ladder can do it too, the children.
5. Do things together. It is a very effective method of opening an active communication channel. Small chores at home, DIY, games: everything is useful for sharing experiences in which the word, sooner or later, makes its appearance. And it’s not a wasted word.
You May Like to read-https://netcrunch.co.uk/